Ashcroft students have the Advantage!
This academic year has been defined by uncertainty and adversity, and whilst our Year 11 students are not ending their school journey as planned, this has not held back their impressive achievements at GCSE and their ambitious plans for the future.
There were some excellent performances across a range of departments: in English, 73% of students achieved 9-4 whilst in Maths, 69% attained within the same grade range. Other superb results came across the Languages, with 82% securing grades 9-4 and in Computer Science, with an impressive 100% achieving grades 9-4.
We hope this demonstrates how the breadth of our curriculum enables our students to develop the qualifications, skills and attributes to prepare them for the challenges, opportunities and active roles in our ever-changing society.
There are so many individual stories of hard work, commitment and ability tied up in this year’s results and we commend all involved for everything they have achieved.
- High achiever Tejan gained an outstanding 9 grade 9s across his GCSEs as well as an A in Further Mathematics and Distinction in IT, and is now looking forward to studying Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics at College. The former Someries Junior School pupil is aiming high and hopes to read Engineering at university after his A levels.
- Joshua is delighted to have attained an exceptional 7 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s and 1 grade 7 in his GCSEs and would like to thank the school and his supportive teachers for helping him become the person he is today. The former Wenlock CofE Junior School pupil feels that he has grown in confidence and is leaving with the life skills and qualifications to help him on his next adventure at Luton Sixth Form College.
- Former Wenlock CofE Junior School pupil, Bhesmendiran hopes to continue expanding his knowledge at both college and university after achieving 2 grade 9s, 6 grade 8s and 1 grade 7.
- Former Ramridge Primary School pupil Barbora is one step closer to achieving her ambition of studying Biology at a prestigious Russell Group University after achieving 1 grade 9, 2 grade 8s and 5 grade 7s . She praises the school’s strong sense of community which was particularly evident by the support and encouragement from her peers as well as her teachers who are committed to ensuring each student reaches their full potential.
- Idris is thrilled to have secured 6 grade 8s and 3 grade 7s. He is looking forward to continuing his Physics and Computer Science studies and has high aspirations of pursuing a career in the field of cyber security or computer programming. The former Oakwood Primary School pupil has seen huge progress across all his subjects during his time at Ashcroft, and he is grateful to the school and staff for motivating and challenging him to achieve his best.
The results achieved this year reinforces our vision to ignite each individual's passion for learning, creating inspirational leaders and aspirational learners; and have established a strong platform for students to launch into their next route, whether it is further education, training or employment.
Mrs J Clarke, Interim Headteacher:
We are saddened that our students’ last few months at the school were so disrupted, but we are impressed by their strong work ethic and the resilience, responsibility and respect they displayed throughout that period. They deserve every success going forward and can be proud of the opportunities they have secured for the future, as we are of them.
Incoming Headteacher Ms R Flindall commented:
I am looking forward with keen anticipation to getting to know the students whose fearlessness, ambition and hard work have earned them such impressive results and also to working with the staff, through whose inspiration, expertise and dedication the students have been encouraged and enabled to excel.
A full outline of our school's examination performance can be accessed via the Department for Education website.
To see how Ashcroft compare to other schools, you can click through to the DfE performance tables.