Students receive praise and encouragement from staff for good and outstanding effort and work, a positive attitude, and good progress in their lessons.
Students can also receive achievement points when they complete a good piece of work or do anything else positive that deserves praise.
This will include good attendance, punctuality, achieving additional external qualifications outside of school, making a positive contribution to house time and representing the house in inter-house competitions, representing the school at sport or in expressive arts subjects.
Subject-specific prizes are also awarded to Student of the Term, and for a range of other achievements.
- SAM Learning for the most hours of revision and studies at home
- GCSEPod Award for the highest number of hours spent on GCSEPod
- Head of House Award
- House Parent Award for Tutee of the Term
- Ashcroft Family Award for ‘Kindness’
- Growth Mind-set
- Behaviour Star for zero behaviour points for the academic year
- Attendance Star for 100% attendance for the academic year
- Academic achievement award for meeting target grades in English and Maths
Positive postcards are also sent home to praise students for good work, effort and behaviour.